You need a dedicated app to customize your home screen in style! This is the definitive version of the dress-up app that has all the dress-up materials!
Here's a example of changing the icons on iPhone🙋♀️💗
Changing app icons makes your iPhone home screen be so much organized, and more stylish!
(This article describes how to customize app icons for the latest version iOS16.)
If you want to change app icons on iPhone, you need to follow the steps below.
1.Collect images for app icons
2.Set the icon to your home screen
3.How to erase (hide) the original icon
First, collect the images you want to use as the app icon.
If you already have a photos you want to use as icons, Go to the next step!
If you want to use simple app icons, or if you don't have any specific image in mind, we recommend using WidgetClub, an app specialized to home screen customization!
You can discover your favorite design of app icons from various kinds of app icon packs like these!
You need to install WidgetClub to get app icons, so check out the app!
Let’s learn how to change app icons by using “Shortcut” app, which every iPhone has installed!
1.Open the Shortcuts app and Tap "+" button in the upper right corner to Create a new shortcut.
2.Tap “+ Add Action”
3.Tap the search bar, then search for "Open App" and select it in “Scripting” section
4.Tap the light blue "App" area, then Search and select the app you want to change.
5. Set the shortcut name. Tap the down arrow mark at the top, then Tap "Rename".
6. Give it a name (any name is OK, but make sure you know what app you have set! In this case, "camera"). →Tap "Done" in the upper right corner.
7. After save the shortcut, tap "..." button in the upper right corner of it, and tap “Share” button
8. Tap “Add to Home Screen” and Tap Icon area in the next screen.
9.Tap the icon, then tap "Select Photo", then Select the photo you want to set as the icon
10. You can also change the name of app icon and Tap “add”
11. It’s done!
12. To continue adding, simply return to the shortcut app and tap "Done" , then return to the shortcut list again, tap the "+" button to create a new shortcut, and repeat the same steps!
(Information about shortcuts starting at 2:15 seconds! We also have a video on how to remove the notification banner that appears when you open an app added with a shortcut, so if you are particular about arranging your home screen, please check it out 🤍)
You cannot automatically erase the original icon, so you need to hide it!
Please make sure never to uninstall the original app itself. The app icons added through shortcuts this time are only for changing the appearance, so the actual app needs to remain installed and hidden from the home screen.
There is an iPhone feature that allows you to hide an entire screen of the home screen!
Separate the screen from the app icons you want to hide and the changed and stylish app icons you want to display in the future.
1. On the Home screen, Touch and hold the Home screen until the apps jiggle, Then Tap "..." at the bottom.
2. Remove all the checkboxes on the Home screen you want to hide, Then Tap the "Done" button on the upper right corner to hide all the icons!
1.Press and hold the Home screen until the application icon shakes→Tap the "minus" button of the icon you want to remove.
2.Tap "Remove from Home Screen" → Done!
Do not Uninstall the app! The App will make it unusable. Remember, this procedure is to only hide the previous app icons!